Tuesday 10 September 2013

Yet Another Setback

.. but hey, we're getting pretty used to them now.

Starbaby went down with the sick bug on Sunday. My poor baby boy did the most impressive repeat projectile vomiting I have ever seen... all over me! We jumped straight in the bath as we were both covered... maybe that's why the Universe felt he needed to have this week cast-free?

We had hoped Daddy and I had escaped... but I spent all of last night throwing up, and Daddy joined in today. We really are the house of sick! I feel utterly rotten, as does Daddy, but thankfully the children are better now. I'm trying to keep drinking as obviously Starbaby is taking a lot of my fluids through feeding, and I've kept an oatcake and a slice of toast down today.

It means that we're not able to go to Starbaby's appointment tomorrow, as we'll still be infectious. So frustrating to have another setback... he will be 6 months old next week, has been on the talipes treatment rollwecoaster since he was 5 weeks old, and his foot still looks little different to how it did  after 3 or 4 casts. But I know this is going to be a long road... his club foot isn't the 'easily corrected' type so he's going to need a lot of treatment over the coming months, years and problem decade. And that's not including whatever will be going on as a result of his wider neuromuscular condition.

We're about to apply for Disability Living Allowance for Starbaby... his range of issues mean he needs a lot of extra care/support compared to other babies his age so we feel it's worth a shot. I'm not holding my breath as I know many people get turned down... but anything would be helpful as we're spending out so much on hospital visits and things he needs to help him at home. I have spent many hours working on the form, and now that's done I need to move onto putting together some further/supporting information before it's sent off at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment