Monday 22 July 2013

Tomorrow...

... Starbaby is due to have his tenotomy (assuming the consultant is back from his 3 week holiday)!

I've been trying not to think about it too much. He's due to have it under local anaesthetic (thank goodness... would be horrible to withold breastfeeding from him for even a few hours in this heat) but as his casting stage has taken a fairly long time, he's obviously now at a stage where he likes to move... a lot... so I'm a bit worried about him staying still.

My hospital haven't been supportive of me wanting to breastfeed him during casting... but if it's proving hard for him to stay still tomorrow, or he's getting distressed, I'm going to discuss it again. I'm sure they'd rather me dangle-feed him than risk cutting something they shouldn't because he's thrashing around!

Think of us all tomorrow morning.... *gulp*

No comments:

Post a Comment