Saturday 3 August 2013

Week 14 of treatment

And so the groundhog-day-feeling continues.

I used to feel quite content being in the casting change as Starbaby didn't seem bothered by his casts... but as his leg and foot have become more sore they seem to be affecting him more... which obviously affects me too. 

And as time passes I become more aware of how 'late' he will still be in full time Boots and Bar... as it stands, if he goes into them in the projected 4 weeks, he'll be wearing them just at night by Christmas. Nine months old. He may be trying to crawl in BnB... and given he has great restrictions in his arm/hand movement too, I worry so much that he'll get frustrated by not being able to move the way his brain wants him to.

I know it has to be done... but I wish his casting stage had been over in just a couple of months, as it is for most babies.

Here's a photo of Starbaby's feet at Tuesday's cast change. His little talipes foot is sore and swollen. :'( It still feels like the front of his foot is being moved up but the heel isn't moving as much, despite his tenotomy, resulting in his foot having a curved bottom. Hopefully his foot won't be swollen this week and we'll be able to get a better idea of whether it's improved. It has been graded a 1.5 recently (revised from the 1 we were told for several weeks... it seems his heel crease wasn't being assessed quite right). Seeing that it was a 2.5 after just 3 casts, you can probably see why we're a bit concerned...


Here's my wonderful boy in his 13th cast. He hasn't been happy at all the last few days, but I managed to capture a rare happy moment (encouraged by lots of the usual silly-Mummy-noises which accompany my baby-photo-taking)!


1 comment:

  1. On Sarah his little foot looks so sore and swollen :( he is so beautiful and I'm so glad you do have happy moments in between everything else. Thinking of you both xx

    ReplyDelete