Wednesday 1 May 2013

First Night

Amazingly, my little boy seems to be taking having one of his legs in a plaster cast totally in his stride. Yes, he's cranky sometimes... but he was cranky before the cast went on, so no change there! Last night he woke several times... more than normal... but that could easily have as much to do with him being in prime growth spurt territory as the cast. Thankfully feeding lying down is no different to before his cast went on, and he doesn't seem uncomfy when lying down.

I was worried the cast would affect the movement in his right leg a lot, but other than obviously not being able to bend it, he can lift it up easily and still give really hefty kicks with it. He can also move his hip just as before, which means he can still easily 'sit' on my lap leaning against my bent legs, something I wondered if we might not be able to do.

I was so worried about Starbaby going into casts, but have been amazed at how ok he has been about it, and how quickly him having one 'solid leg' has become something I barely bat an eyelid at.

No comments:

Post a Comment