Friday 24 May 2013

3 casts down... how many to go?

Casting Day #4 for Starbaby was on Tuesday.

His lovely little right foot is still progressing well and bathtime was a hit once again. I spent a while talking to a lovely mum whose son was about to get his 1st cast on... so good to meet someone going through similar to us. I hope we get to chat again next week.

Starbaby's foot is now a 2.5 after 3 weeks of casts. I'm really impressed, it was so stiff to start with. It started as a 6, went down to a 4 after 1 week, then 3 after another week. Progress is slower now they're bringing his foot up, but I don't think that's a bad thing... it feels better to do something like this gradually without any rushing.

I don't know how much longer we have in casts, but actually I'm in no rush to finish them as I think the BnB stage will be more... intense. Being in casts has been nowhere near as bad as I feared... not bad at all, in fact. Of course, I'd rather his little leg weren't in a cast, but in terms of how it's affected Starbaby day to day... well, apart from not risking as much nappy free time so as to avoid soggy casts, it really hasn't made a difference to his or our lives. I know BnB will be different, though, and I'm not in any rush to get to that stage.

Here's Starbaby's beautiful foot this week. The crease on the bottom of his foot which was so deep to start with has pretty much gone - amazing!



We weighed Starbaby in between casts and he is almost ten pounds now!! That's 4 1/4 lb up on his birth weight of 5lb 11oz and over 2lb gained in the last 20 days alone. After his rocky start he's now doing amazingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment