Thursday 28 November 2013

New Op Date

Starbaby's op has been rescheduled for 6th January - so that means a cast-less Christmas! It also means he won't be into BnBs until he's around 11 months at the earliest, but hey ho, I've accepted that.

He'll be 9.5 months when he has his op and goes back into casts... he's getting more and more mobile, so I wonder how having one leg held rigid will affect him. He's taken most things in his stride so far, so hopefully it won't affect him too much. I guess I'm most worried about going into BnBs... I was fine with it when we thought it was imminent at 5 months old... but it's a different kettle of fish when your child is nearing their 1st birthday and having them for the very first time. I desperately hope he doesn't struggle too much having his legs restricted. However, I can't help feeling sad about it... he has so many things to overcome physically as it is, due to his muscle condition, so adding BnBs into the mix is rather different than for most babies with talipes. All we can do it wait and see.

Starbaby is doing really well, overall. He's responding brilliantly to our physio exercises and if I put him into an almost-crawling position (kneeling down, leaning forward onto his hands) he can actually support himself with his hands for a brief time! This is <i>amazing</i>, as his hands and arms, particularly on his left side, are so much weaker than your average child. I am SO proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. Big hugs to you all. I keep checking in to read your updates and am awed by your strength and am proud of your little Jasper as well. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete