Monday 17 June 2013

Week 7 almost done

My goodness, time is flying! My wonderful little Starbaby is nearly three months old. It feels like yesterday that he was born, yet at the same time like he's been here forever. Before he was here, life was wonderful, fun and busy, but looking back it seems relatively empty because he wasn't there. I love having two children and I feel so lucky that we got there in the end.

This week seems to have been OK on the cast front, although obviously we won't know how Starbaby's foot is doing until his cast is changed tomorrow.

I had been feeling like I wasn't in any rush to get onto BnB, but after the cast making his foot so sore, I am actually starting to get 'itchy feet' (!) to get onto the next stage. I'm definitely not looking forward to him being in BnB in terms of babywearing, but I am keen to get the cast stage over and done with so we can stop going to the hospital every single bloody week (sorry... but it really is getting hard to lose every Tuesday with my two wonderful children to a place I really hate going back to) and can start enjoying regular baths again. We might even get to go swimming with Big Sis and Daddy on Sundays!

I am probably going to get Starbaby weighed tomorrow. I'm totally confident that he's growing wonderfully, but I'm just interested to see how much he weighs because I suspect he may be around double his birth weight now. Amazing! I held his first cast against his casted leg today, and already there is a huge difference. My tiny 5lb 11oz little boy isn't quite so tiny now.

Last Friday we went into the local town to do a bit of charity shop shopping. It was one of the first times I've been out with Starbaby's cast very obvious... usually it's mostly covered by trousers or fully covered by a babygrow, but he was wearing shorts-dungarees. so in the sling almost his entire cast was obvious. SO many people stared at him as we were walking down the street. It was incredibly obvious... one person in a couple would glance our way, then a couple of seconds later, obviously prompted by the first person, their companion would look over as well, and then they'd start talking. Some people asked why he had a cast (generally "Has he broken his leg?" or "How did he break his leg?" - no, I haven't dropped him!!) and some people just talked about how lovely he was, ignoring the cast, which was nice.

Here are a couple of photos from just before Starbaby's 6th cast went on last week. Comparing with the week before, you get an idea of just how much his foot regressed during his cast-less week. I really hope his sore isn't back when they remove the casts tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. How is he almost three months old? Will be thinking of you both today and I hope he isn't sore having his cast changed xx

    ReplyDelete