Sunday 9 June 2013

Cast Free Week

Starbaby and I are enjoying our cast free week very much! Unfortunately, despite huge amounts of massage/stretching exactly as shown by the consultant, his foot seems to have regressed a lot, and I worry how many casts it'll take to get it back to where it was. But I can't change that... he needed a break from casts to heal his little sore foot, so we may as well enjoy it.

Starbaby has had a bath every day since Tuesday apart from today, as we have been out all day. We've had a bath just the two of us, and he's had a few baths with Big Sis and one with all three of us (Daddy couldn't fit in too, unfortunately)! I've moisturised his leg and foot every day, given his whole leg lots of massage, and generally enjoyed snuggles without that pesky cast in the way.

It's given me a taste of what we're missing, which makes me sad. Oh, what I took for granted with Big Sis! If we're lucky enough to have more children, I will never take for granted having a baby with both legs 'free', not having to go to the hospital every week etc.

Tomorrow we're at the hospital for Starbaby's monthly physiotherapy appointment, then back the next day for cast #6 to go on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying starbaby's cast free time. I hope your appointments go well. Will be thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn’t until after we were unable to have our usual bath time that it made me realise how special that time was. Your week must have been bitter sweet, but you’ll be having bath time fun and cuddles in no time I’m sure x p.s your little Starbaby is one handsome chap x

    ReplyDelete