Monday 29 April 2013

Eve of Casts

Our last castless day has been spent snuggled in bed all morning (big sis was at nursery today), and with Starbaby snuggled in the sling whenever he was asleep (most of the afternoon and early evening today). Big Sis, Starbaby and I also had a wonderful bath all together later in the afternoon once she was home. Starbaby really loves being in the bath - so sad that he's going to miss out on baths at home for the next few months. Once he's out of casts I can see us bathing together pretty much every day!

He's asleep on my chest in the ring sling now... tonight I am going to snuggle him close, especially his gorgeous little right leg - I'm going to miss seeing it, and his gorgeous little 'curved foot' as Big Sis calls it. I'm going to say I'd like to breastfeed him while they're casting tomorrow... it would make it much easier for them since if he's screaming he'll be thrashing his legs around, and the only thing that successfully calms him when he's not happy is breastfeeding. Found a picture of a mum breastfeeding during casting in one of the official ponseti leaflets so hopefully should work ok, even if I do get covered in plaster!

This time tomorrow we'll be home from the hospital and probably trying to figure out a way to get him comfy in one of the slings...

It's not been easy to get a photo of Starbaby's feet as he kicks them so much... but I have finally managed! Here are a couple of 'before' photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment